HOLLAND AMERICA BLOG
At Holland America Blog we like to hear from our readers, and we encourage you to comment on blog posts and tell us what you think or feel about something you read or see on the blog.
To comment on the blog you do not need to register or submit your information. However, if you want to be identified or desire a response, we encourage you to fill in your name and email address. We will never share or sell your information, and we will not use it to try to sell you something.
We moderate all comments before publication, so it may take 24 hours for your comment to show up on the blog — longer if you post a comment over a weekend. We encourage the free exchange of ideas, but we moderate comments to ensure that they are on-topic, don’t contain offensive language, are consistent with Holland America Line’s brand values and are not personal attacks on a contributor, commenter or another human being.
Holland America Blog is not involved with guest-relations issues. If you are having a service issue or want to lodge a complaint, please contact Holland America Line directly. The appropriate contact numbers can be found on the “Contact” tab at the top of the blog.
We do not edit or alter comments. If you misspell something, it will be published as it was received, so please proofread before posting.
We do translate comments when they are posted in a language other than English, to make sure that they meet the criteria stated above, and we post the translation to provide an opportunity for readers to understand all comments. Note that we use an online automated translator, so the translations are only as accurate as the computer that makes them.
Holland America Line (“HAL,” “We” or “us”) has created this blog (“Blog”) to facilitate sharing of news, information, experiences and conversations regarding Holland America Line. We encourage you to share your stories, questions, comments, photos, videos, and links (“Submissions”) about your experiences with Holland America Line here. We are happy that you want to participate by submitting your own content. Please note that any Submissions posted on this Blog may be edited by us, are the views of the respective individuals who submitted such content and do not always reflect the views of Holland America Line.
Anything you submit to this Blog must comply with the following guidelines below:
• Submissions cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity, or any materially dangerous activity;
• Submissions cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Submissions cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Submissions cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about HAL or its products, or other people, products or companies;
• Unless otherwise permitted herein, Submissions cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than HAL, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Submissions cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission;
• Submissions cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
• Submissions cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which HAL wishes to associate;
• Submissions cannot depict, and cannot themselves, be in violation of any law;
• No product or marketing suggestions will be accepted;
• Links to other websites may be accepted on the website, pending review of third-party site content.
As part of our goal to ensure a top-notch customer experience on the Holland America Blog, we have established this Blog so you can share your experiences with others. The blog is not the appropriate place to submit issues, complaints or suggestions about individual sales and service experiences or our products. We reserve the right to not post comments that fall into this category. This does not mean we do not want to hear about such issues, but these types of concerns are best handled by Holland America Line’s trained representatives in the appropriate department. For assistance with issues related to past sailings, please contact a Guest Relations Representative at Holland America Line Guest Relations; you are welcome to contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at our toll-free number, 800-599-8256, or at 206-626-7393. For assistance with issues related to upcoming sailings or general information, please contact our Reservations Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at our toll-free number, 877-932-4259, or at 206-286-3900.
We reserve the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Submissions and may remove any Submissions that do not comply with these terms or for other reasons. By making a Submission, you acknowledge that we have no obligation to use or respond to such Submission.
By making a Submission you warrant and represent that: (a) it is your original work; (b) that publication of your Submission via various media including Web posting will not infringe on any third party rights; (c) that you have obtained permission from any person whose name or likeness is used in the Submission (if any); and (d) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
By making a Submission you warrant and represent that the Submission accurately reflects your experience and/or any depiction is known to be true and is based on your use of any product or service mentioned. Furthermore, you warrant and represent that you have not accepted and will not accept any benefit, directly or indirectly, for the mention of any third party.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by HAL does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to submitter.
By making a Submission, you agree that the Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, will not place HAL under any obligation, and that HAL is free to disclose the Submission and any ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use Submission and the ideas therein without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Submission, HAL does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to HAL, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
If you are an intellectual property rights holder and believe your rights have been infringed by a Submission, please review section 5.2 Claims of Copyright Infringement of our Website Terms & Conditions.
We look forward to hearing from you.